All online casinos will offer you a sign up bonus, and most will offer regular monthly bonuses. All of which are great value if you understand how the bonuses work. Without exception, online casino bonuses include a “wagering requirement”, which can also be known as a “turn requirement”. These requirements do not limit which games you play, but you need to understand how they work to make the most from your free online casino cash.
Wagering requirements for online casino bonuses
An online casino bonus is added to your account, either “pre-wager” (which means it is added when you deposit funds). Or “post wager”, which means the bonus is added after you have deposited money and played your chosen games.
Wagering requirements are included to ensure that players simply don’t just withdraw the free cash without playing. It is an incentive for players to bet, but understandably, online casinos need to include conditions in order to reward loyal players.
How casino bonus wagering requirements work
Wagering stipulations will differ in each casino, which means it is important that you shop around for the best bonus. We ensure that we only feature Casinos with highly regulated and fair bonus offers. But each Casino will differ in what they offer.
If you have a wagering requirement of 10 X your bonus amount, and your bonus amount is $100, then you need to “wager” (or “stake”/”bet”) $1000 before you redeem the $100 bonus.
Most bonuses will be added to your account automatically, but we recommend that you check the terms and conditions before you play. Once you have “wagered” the set amount, you free cash bonus will be added, no matter if you have won or lost.
x your bonus and your bonus is $50, you will have to play $500 before receiving your bonus. You don't have to play it all at once and you can usually play it at any game. Once you have played $500, no matter how much you have won or lost, the $50 goes into your account.
Wagering requirement notes
1. Some casinos will restrict bonuses to play on selected games only.
2. There may be a time limit to redeem your online bonus.
3. You will generally receive a higher bonus for higher margin casino games such as slot machines. You may receive a reduced bonus for playing lower margin casino games such as blackjack or roulette.
4. Certain Casinos now offer a “no deposit bonus”, which do not contain wagering requirements. Generally, these are very low value, either $5 or $10.
5. Always read the casino terms and conditions, or contact customer support at your selected casino, if you have any more questions.
6. Please refer to our Casino Glossary section for more information on specific casino games